CRISTIANO RONALDO has continued on his trajectory of smashing records this season as he closed off on one of his greatest individual campaigns to date.
Read: Top 10 – Clubs with most trophies in Europe’s BIG leagues
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner scored his 100th and 101st goal for Portugal in a 2-0 victory over Sweden earlier this week. On the domestic circuit, the Portuguese superstar helped Juventus to a ninth consecutive Serie A title on his way to scoring a record 31 goals in the league. Courtesy of Planet Football per SPORTbible have crunched Ronaldo’s crazy 2019/20 stats below:
List of CR7 records in 2019/20
- Ronaldo became the first European player to net 100 international goals with his brace against Sweden.
- He has moved eight goals behind Ali Aaei (109 goals) for the most by a single international.
- Ronaldo has now scored the same amount of goals as France’s top scorer (Thierry Henry, 51 goals) and Netherlands’ top scorer (Robin van Persie, 50 goals) combined.
- Portugal’s second and third highest goalscorers of all time (Pauleta, 47 goals and Eusebio, 41 goals) have 13 less goals than Ronaldo combined.
- The former Manchester United man has netted 49 goals in 47 games for Portugal.
- Ronaldo has now scored over 700 goals throughout his career. Only six other players (Pele, Romario, Gerd Muller, Josef Bican, Ferenc Puskas and Lionel Messi) have achieved the feat.
- Proving age is just a number, the forward became the oldest player to score more than 30 goals in Europe’s top five leagues since 1948.
- Ronaldo reached 50 goals in 61 games for Juventus which is quicker than any player in club history, and the second quickest in Serie A history.
- He became the only man to score 50 times in the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A.
- Reached double figures in goals scored Finally for the 15th consecutive season.