A DISGRACED BARCELONA closed out last season with a rare trophyless run but their profile in Europe and the dominance which has seen them rise to such heights remains intact.
The Catalans are the top team in this regard ahead of other European giants, including, fierce rivals Real Madrid, as the most successful trophy-winning club across the top five leagues in European football. Compiling data, a Reddit user demonstrated the teams that have won the most trophies and collated these into one table.
Barca top the standings with a better than astonishing 94-trophies in their cabinet. Madrid trails them by a mere two trophies to land the second spot as Europe’s second-most successful team in terms of number of trophies won. Coming in a hot third but trailing Los Blancos’ haul by a country mile is the season’s Champions League holders, Bayern Munich.
The Bavarian’s hold down third place with 75 trophies while Juventus hold down fourth with 68 trophies. Manchester United round off on the top five with 66 trophies to their name. The full top 10 list can be found below:
10. Inter Milan (Serie A, 39 trophies)
9. Paris Saint-Germain (Ligue 1, 42 trophies)
T-7. Arsenal (Premier League, 48 trophies)
T-7. AC Milan (Seria A, 48 trophies)
6. Liverpool (Premier League, 65 trophies)
5. Manchester United (Premier League, 66 trophies)
4. Juventus (Serie A, 68 trophies)
3. Bayern Munich (Bundesliga, 75 trophies)
2. Real Madrid (La Liga, 92 trophies)
1. Barcelona (La Liga, 94 trophies)