MANCHESTER United will be looking to increase their Premier League winning run en route to securing a Champions League qualification berth when they take on relegation-threatened Aston Villa at Villa Park on Thursday.
The Villians, fresh off a 2-0 defeat to newly-crowned champions Liverpool, are one point adrift of safety before Watford take on Norwich City on Tuesday evening, all this while Dean Smith’s men are still searching for their first win since January.
Aston Villa vs Manchester United
When: Thursday, July 09, 2020
Where: Villa Park
- Frederic Guilbert and Henri Lansbury returned to the squad in the week and the former will be pushing for a start as a more natural alternative to Ezri Konsa at right-back.
- After a spirited display against the champions, changes are likely to be kept to a minimum, with Pepe Reina keeping his place in goal and Neil Taylor continuing to deputise for Matt Targett.
- Victor Lindelof is struggling with a back problem and is a doubt for the trip to Villa Park as a result, with both Axel Tuanzebe and Phil Jones still sidelined.
- Eric Bailly is likely to partner Harry Maguire at the back in what may be the only change from another impressive attacking display from the Red Devils last time out.
- United are undefeated in their last 21 away matches against Aston Villa in all competitions.
- United have been winning at both half time and full time in six of their last eight matches in the Premier League.
- Villa have failed to score in five of their last seven matches in the Premier League.
- Villa have failed to win their last nine matches in the Premier League.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Villa’s last three games in the Premier League.
Share your predictions for this fixture in the comments section below.