NORWICH City brace for hosting duties against a revitalized Manchester United at Carrow Road in the FA Cup on Saturday. The Canaries find themselves in perilous territory on the Premier League side of things, and look set to play next season in the Championship.
Manchester United, on the other hand, beat Championship side Derby County in the last round of the FA Cup, and as things stand, seem to have momentum on their side as they enjoy a good run of form. Anthony Martial scored a hat-trick in United’s 3-0 triumph over Sheffield United in the Premier League on Wednesday, to become the first player to score a hat-trick since Sir Alex Ferguson retired, and boost United’s chances of securing a Champions League spot next season.
Norwich City vs Manchester United
When: Saturday, June 27, 2020
Where: Carrow Road
- The attacking trio of Emi Buendia, Todd Cantwell and Teemu Pukki are likely to return here after a blunt performance against Everton, replacing the likes of Onel Hernandez, Lukas Rupp and Josip Drmic.
- Options are still thin on the ground at the back with Sam Byram, Grant Hanley and Christoph Zimmermann all sidelined.
- Anthony Martial may have stolen the show in midweek but the likes of Paul Pogba, Bruno Fernandes, Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford, also all impressed.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjær is likely to rotate his squad again for this one, with Sergio Romero returning as the cup keeper and changes throughout the XI elsewhere.
- Diogo Dalot, Eric Bailly and Brandon Williams could all come into the defence, while Scott McTominay and Fred may both return in midfield.
- United have won seven of their last eight matches against Norwich in all competitions.
- United have kept a clean sheet in their last four matches in the FA Cup.
- United have kept a clean sheet in six of their last eight matches against Norwich in all competitions.
- United have won their last three matches in the FA Cup.
Do you think Manchester United can make it four wins in a row in the FA Cup in this one? Let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.