AFTER picking up a point against Tottenham Hotspur in the first match on their return to Premier League action, Manchester United will go into their encounter against Sheffield United on Wednesday, with a renewed sense of urgency as they continue on their way.
The Blades, meanwhile, recently suffered a noteworthy drubbing to Newcastle United and will be hoping to bounce back in some style at Old Trafford. As both sides still have a genuine shot at a Champions League qualifying spot for next season, this game could have some major ramifications on the league standings looking ahead.
Manchester United vs Sheffield United
When: Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Where: Old Trafford
- Paul Pogba played his way back into the starting XI with an inspired performance from the bench against Tottenham on Friday night.
- Daniel James struggled against Tottenham and should drop to the bench regardless of the above.
- Brandon Williams is also an option at full-back if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants more fresh legs for the welcome of Sheffield United.
- Victor Lindelöf came off late into Friday’s draw with Tottenham with a minor knock. Eric Bailly will start if Lindelöf is not deemed fit enough by Wednesday.
- Jack O’Connell has missed Sheffield United’s first two games since the league restarted and Chris Wilder will hope to have him available on Wednesday night.
- Dean Henderson will have to sit out due to the terms in his loan agreement from Man United, with Simon Moore coming into the starting XI as a result.
- Sander Berge has struggled in Sheffield United’s last two matches and should make way for John Lundstram at Old Trafford.
- David McGoldrick is a doubt for the away side, with Lys Mousset in line to replace Billy Sharp upfront after his success in the reverse fixture.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in seven of Man United’s last eight games in the Premier League.
- Man United have kept a clean sheet in their last three home matches in the Premier League.
- Man United are undefeated in 12 of their last 13 home matches in the Premier League.
What are your predictions for this game? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.