With football action currently on suspension amid the coronavirus pandemic that has rocked the world, we look at the market value of goalkeepers in Mzansi’s top-flight football.
According to Transfermarkt.com, SuperSport United and Bafana Bafana’s current number one, Rowen Williams, is the most expensive shot-stopper in Mzansi.
Here’s a look at the top 10 most expensive goalkeepers in the Premier Soccer League (PSL):
1) Ronwen Williams (SuperSport United and South Africa) – €1.20m (R22.7m)
2) Denis Onyango (Mamelodi Sundowns and Uganda) – €1.00m (R18.9m)
3) Itumeleng Khune (Kaizer Chiefs and South Africa) – €1.00m (R18.9m)
4) Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs and Nigeria) – €750k (R14.1m)
5) Richard Ofori (Maritzburg United and Ghana) – €750k (R14.1m)
6) George Chigova (Polokwane City and Zimbabwe) – €550k (R10.4m)
7) Peter Leeuwenburgh (Cape Town City and Netherlands) – €550k (R10.4m)
8) Joris Delle (Orlando Pirates and France) – €500k (R9.4m)
9) Elvis Chipezeze (Baroka and Zimbabwe) – €450k (R8.5m)
10) Siyabonga Mbatha (AmaZulu and South Africa) – €400k (R7.5m)